Wednesday, June 13, 2007

You've got your metal in my knitting...

Welcome to my latest venture into the blogosphere, a little thing called Wicked Knit. I decided to make a blog to track my journey into the world of knitting, and reach out to any other knitters who may enjoy this form of music. There has to be some of you out there. The name is a take off on the song "Wicked Fit" by Municipal Waste. I am the host of Mass Hypnosis Metal Radio, a metal podcast, and have been involved in some sort of media involving metal (tv, radio and print) for almost 20 years. I have been knitting for about a year now, and while I have lots to learn, I hope that some of you will enjoy, and can relate to what it's like to pick up the sticks...
I am fortunate to have a wonderful teacher in Laurie, who really is patient as she shows me how to turn balls of yarn into things that vaguely resemble items of clothing lol. Oh yeah, I am fairly sarcastic. So what you will get here is some knitting talk, some metal talk and album reviews and various other things.

We took part in the Victoria Fibre Festival this weekend. The highlight was a visit from The Yarn Harlot herself, Stephanie Pearl-MacPhee. She was an absolute riot, and it was kinda cool coming out and knitting in public for the first time. It was odd, as I felt like everyone was watching me. Let's face it, I look like the last guy you expected to see knitting. Especially yellow and pink novelty yarn lol. Now what I had been working on was supposed to be a shawl for my Mom. Well, turns out that sometimes these novelty yarns can get away on you, and long story short, it's now a scarf for my daughter. I start the shawl tonight, and will post some pictures soon once I have a decent amount to show you. Tonight I will post an album of the day, and for those who like it loud, you can maybe find some bands you've never heard before.

2 comments:

Mrs.Q said...

OK, I admit I was taking a little poetic license with the "scraggly" goatee - just trying to paint a picture with words - I should have asked you if I could take a picture, but I was feeling a little shy (not coz you looked intimidating, either!)...mostly I just enjoyed how much fun it looked like you were having! Along with the rest of us, of course. Looking forward to seeing how this blog o' yours develops!

Miss Scarlett said...

Hey welcome to knit blogging!

Sorry I mistook your look for biker - I should have known Metal when I saw it. :-)

If everyone was looking at you it was because you made us happy! It is great to see a man knit, knit in public and knit what we assumed was a gift for a loved one (unless you need an i-pod cover for rockin' out).

Can't wait to see your Mom's shawl.